9ct gold Cameo Dress hallmarked 1970 Vintage Ring, nqzhyr4532-Other Fine Rings
Why Donate with Stanford Blood Center?
SBC is a community blood center that connects local donors to local patients through blood donation.
With our state-of-the art labs and world-class leadership, we are advancing research through support and innovation, while providing fellowship and residency opportunities to train the medical leaders of tomorrow.
At Stanford Blood Center, we love our donors! Through mobile blood drives, education and partnerships, we connect our community, celebrating our dedicated blood donors and encouraging first time donors to become real-life heroes.
Blood donors are life savers!
Have you ever wondered, “Where does my blood go? Am I really making an impact? Who am I helping?” To remind you how much your blood donation matters, we like to share stories of local patients who have been helped by Stanford Blood Center donors.
Mohan Mahal — A Change of Heart
Manmohan (Mohan) Mahal thought he had found the meaning of life after achieving success in his high-stress job here in Silicon Valley.
HEMOBLOGIN: THE SBC BLOG
Sniffling, coughing and fevers. That’s right folks, flu season is upon us. And unfortunately, flu season also means more canceled appointments for blood donation due to sickness.
Blood Donation: How it Works
Before your appointment:
- 14k White gold LogoArt- Licensed University of Mississippi (UMS) XS Pendant
- 14k Yellow gold Number 1 Mom Charm Pendant with Pink Heart
- 1ct Marquise Cut Classic Solitaire Engagement Promise Ring Solid 14k Yellow gold
- 6.35ctw WONDERFUL GENUINE AUSTRALIAN blueE OPAL SOLID 18K gold PENDANT (14746
- AU750 Pure 18K Yellow gold Stud Amazing Women Hollow Flower Earrings 1.6g
- Diamond 0.40ct Pt 850 × Pt 900 (Platinum) Pendant Platinum 850,Platinum 900 Dia
- DR2143 Ladies 9ct 375 Yellow gold Real Ruby & Diamond Cluster Ring
- Jewelco London 18 Karat yellowgold Diamant 0,15ct Ewigkeit Ehering
- NEW CLASSIC 14 KARAT YELLOW SOLID gold MEN'S RING 5 DIAMONDS .10 CTW JRG-118
- Round Diamond stud Promo Quality in White gold (0.05 ctw,JK color,I2-I3 Clarity)
- Versil 14 Karat WG Laser Designed Cross Pendant with 18-inch Chain
- 0.50 Carats Round Brilliant Cut Pave Diamonds Stud Earrings In Hallmark 14K gold
- 10 CARAT CITRINE STUD EARRINGS 11mm ROUND 14KT WHITE gold NOVEMBER BIRTHSTONE
- 14K Genuine Amethyst 7mm Trillion Cut Yellow gold Ring
- 14K Yellow gold 1.75 mm Diamond-Cut Cable Chain
- 18k Yellow gold Double Dangle Long Drop Earrings
- 4.20Ct Pear Cut Forever Gorgeous Moissanite Engagement Ring 10K Real White gold
- Antique gold Cufflink Drop Earrings, Ready to Monogram
- Certified 1.74 Cts Real G SI Diamond & Amethyst 14k White gold Dangle Earrings
- ESTATE .83CT DIAMOND & AAA OVAL CUT AQUAMARINE 14K WHITE gold 3D ENGAGEMENT RING
- Green Garnet Womens Solitaire Chevron Promise Ring 0.12 ct 14K gold JP 163702
- Always be sure to drink plenty of water before donating blood!
- Eat an iron-rich meal. Eating enough iron is essential to ensuring that your hemoglobin level is right for donating. You can check out some Vintage Jadeite Jade Set 18k gold 18cm Bracelet VAL 4850.
- Bring your donor ID. If you have a donor ID, be sure to bring it with you to your appointment. First time donors or returning donors without a donor ID card should bring a valid state-issued photo identification.
Avoid alcohol and fatty foods for 24 hours, and aspirin (if donating platelets) for 48 hours before your donation.
The Donation Process
Congratulations, you made an appointment to donate blood and save lives! So what happens now? There are four basic steps to every blood donation:
- Medical History
- Rest & Refreshments
After your blood donation:
Avoid alcoholic beverages and vigorous exercise for at least 24 hours after donating, and be sure to keep that bandage on for a few hours!
Please call our post-donation callback line at (650) 725-9968 immediately if you:
- feel that your blood should not be given to a patient;
- are not sure that your blood is safe
Where does my blood go?
Learn about the life of blood through a new donor’s eye.
It’s my first time donating blood. I walk into Stanford Blood Center (SBC) and I don’t know what to expect.