WOW Factor Lavender Jade & .54tcw Diamond 14kt White gold Ring nqzhyr7866-Rings
Why Donate with Stanford Blood Center?
SBC is a community blood center that connects local donors to local patients through blood donation.
With our state-of-the art labs and world-class leadership, we are advancing research through support and innovation, while providing fellowship and residency opportunities to train the medical leaders of tomorrow.
At Stanford Blood Center, we love our donors! Through mobile blood drives, education and partnerships, we connect our community, celebrating our dedicated blood donors and encouraging first time donors to become real-life heroes.
Blood donors are life savers!
Have you ever wondered, “Where does my blood go? Am I really making an impact? Who am I helping?” To remind you how much your blood donation matters, we like to share stories of local patients who have been helped by Stanford Blood Center donors.
Mohan Mahal — A Change of Heart
Manmohan (Mohan) Mahal thought he had found the meaning of life after achieving success in his high-stress job here in Silicon Valley.
HEMOBLOGIN: THE SBC BLOG
Sniffling, coughing and fevers. That’s right folks, flu season is upon us. And unfortunately, flu season also means more canceled appointments for blood donation due to sickness.
Blood Donation: How it Works
Before your appointment:
- 14K YELLOW gold TEXTURED DOLPHIN CHARM PENDANT
- 2.50ct Round-Cut D VVS1 Diamond Halo Engagement Ring 10K Yellow gold Finish
- 9ct gold Garnet Stud Earrings Gift Boxed Made in UK Birthday Gift
- bluee Created Sapphire Real solid 14K Yellow gold Stud Earrings 1.00 Ct Round 5m
- Emerald Real 14K White gold Ring 3.1 Ct Diamond Ruby Gemstone Ring Size 6 7 -24A
- Jeweled Ring Size 16 No. D 2.00 Ct Pt 900
- New Hallmarked Solid 9ct Yellow gold 1.00ct Cubic Zirconia 2.2cm Drop Earrings
- RING STEEL gold DIAMONDS MONOMANIA WOMAN SIZE 9 RING 25335 WEDDING COMMITMENT
- 18KT JUDITH RIPKA MONACO LAVENDER QUARTZ & DIAMOND PENDANT
- 0.15ct Round Cut Diamond Women's Bridal Heart Anniversary Ring 10K White gold
- 10k gold ring with a Cameo design
- 14K gold Latin Cross Pendant (Yellow, White or pink) - AZ7862-14K
- 14k Yellow gold Cat's Eye and Diamond Stud Earrings Gorgeous
- 19008 Australia Doublet Opal Earrings Dangler 9K gold 14.4CTS Amazing COLORS
- 9ct due colori ANELLO gold FEDE COMODA diamante matrimonio 6mm FASCIA
- ART DECO NOUVEAU SYNTHETIC GREEN EMERALD 14K WHITE gold FILIGREE BROOCH PIN
- Clyde Dunerier 10k Yellow gold Diamond Cluster Ring Size 8.5 & 5.1 Grams - 4225
- Elegant 14K White gold Halo 0.91 ctw Diamond Engagement Ring Certified
- GIA CERTIFIED I VS2 OLD EUROPEAN CUT DIAMOND VINTAGE 1 2 CARAT ANTIQUE NATURAL
- LT Pollicino Men's SS 925 Ring Spinner Crown Size 10.5
- Radiant Cut Stud Earrings Available in 14K, 18K and Platinum
- Teardrop Dangle Earrings Solid 14k Yellow & White gold Diamond Cut Two Tone
- 0.34TCW K-L VVS2 SDJ Cert Real Diamond Engagement Bridal Ring in 14kt White gold
- 10k Yellow gold 10mm Diamond Accented Open Heart Ring Sz 7
- 14k White gold Round Amethyst And Diamond Ring
- Vintage 9ct Yellow gold Diamond & Iolite Ring UK Size M US Size 6.25
- VINTAGE VICTORIAN BATES & BACON 12K gold FILLED HINGED BRACELET P6
- 0.90ct Round Signity Diamond Simple Halo Engagement Ring 10k Real White gold
- Always be sure to drink plenty of water before donating blood!
- Eat an iron-rich meal. Eating enough iron is essential to ensuring that your hemoglobin level is right for donating. You can check out some You're My Sunshine-Heart Real Natural Diamond Pendant in 18kt Yellow gold P1074.
- Bring your donor ID. If you have a donor ID, be sure to bring it with you to your appointment. First time donors or returning donors without a donor ID card should bring a valid state-issued photo identification.
Avoid alcohol and fatty foods for 24 hours, and aspirin (if donating platelets) for 48 hours before your donation.
The Donation Process
Congratulations, you made an appointment to donate blood and save lives! So what happens now? There are four basic steps to every blood donation:
- Medical History
- Rest & Refreshments
After your blood donation:
Avoid alcoholic beverages and vigorous exercise for at least 24 hours after donating, and be sure to keep that bandage on for a few hours!
Please call our post-donation callback line at (650) 725-9968 immediately if you:
- feel that your blood should not be given to a patient;
- are not sure that your blood is safe
Where does my blood go?
Learn about the life of blood through a new donor’s eye.
It’s my first time donating blood. I walk into Stanford Blood Center (SBC) and I don’t know what to expect.